Friday, 7 November 2014

Newsletter Week 45

Dear parents,

The clocks have changed and we are moving into the cold part of the year. To brighten the mood we are taking the opportunity to raise awareness of men’s health issues by getting involved in Movember! Some of the staff have put together a team of moustache-growers while the students have been getting involved by growing their own little moustaches out of cress! If you would like to find out more about Movember or perhaps make a donation to our team for a great cause click the link:


This week we began our new IPC unit, Bright Sparks! For our entry point we had an awesome disco with spinning lights and a smoke machine. The assessable skill for this unit is: Be able to carry out simple investigations

It would be beneficial if you could discuss the following rubric with your child in order to aid their understanding of what we want them to learn.

I’m getting used to it

My teacher gives me some ideas at the beginning. I can think of one way to collect evidence, but this is a bit difficult to do.
I’m getting better

I can work on my own at the beginning. My teacher says that my ideas for collecting evidence are pretty good. He/she gives me a little help at the end to make my ideas work properly.
I’m really getting it

I can work on my own and think of two or three ways to collect evidence. When I talk about my ideas with my teacher he/she says that I couldn’t do any better.

It has also been Silent reading this week. The students have enjoyed being able to get comfortable and relax with a good book for 30 minutes each day.

At the Primary Assembly today awards were presented to outstanding Communicators. The awards went to Felicia and Isabelle in 3v and Arram and Elliott in 3c. Grade 5 presented our next Learner profile word which is Thinker.

Please don’t forget that on Thursday November 13th school finishes for students at 12.45 due to a Professional Development afternoon for teachers.

Finally, Miss Valentina Cruz (v.cruz@intsch.se) joined up with 3v at the start of this week having returned from parental leave with her daughter. She has been getting to know the students and will gradually assume full responsibility for class 3v in time for Mr Gordon’s departure on his own parental leave on November 14th. Mr Gordon wishes to thank all the parents for their wonderful support over the last 3 months and is sure all students in third grade will continue to impress with their exemplary behavior and fantastic attitude towards learning.

Have a lovely weekend,

Mr Gordon, Mrs Kinch, Miss Cruz and Mrs D’Andrea-Nordin

                                                
                                                   Picture of our Entry Point to Bright Sparks- Our Disco


UN Day







No comments:

Post a Comment