Friday, 13 November 2015

Newsletter week 46, 2015

Dear Parents,


It has been exciting to see how enthusiastically 3rd graders have embraced our new IPC unit Bright Sparks: All About Electricity. Our entry point was a cool disco in the auditorium. The students had great fun thanks to DJ Mr Gordon and all the electrical devices that made it possible. Since then students have successfully built various electrical circuits and will soon begin practising the skill that is to be assessed during this unit. We are learning to:


Be able to carry out simple investigations


I’m getting used to it
I’m getting better
I’m really getting it
My teacher gives me some ideas at the beginning. I can think of one way to collect evidence, but this is a bit difficult to do.
I can work on my own at the beginning. My teacher says that my ideas for collecting evidence are pretty good. He/she gives me a little help at the end to make my ideas work properly.
I can work on my own and think of two or three ways to collect evidence. When I talk about my ideas with my teacher he/she says that I couldn’t do any better.
This week students across the Primary school have been having their reading level (fluency and comprehension) assessed by their respective teachers using the DRA (Developmental Reading Assessment). Teachers can use this information to assist them in continuing to challenge students appropriately in their development.


In Language we have started to practice for a play we will be performing called “The Strongest One”. It would be very beneficial if you could practice the assigned role with your child at home so that they would be more prepared during practice times at school.


In Math we have moved on to learning about Time & Measurement. You can assist your child at home by quizzing them on their time-telling skills.


Last Friday’s Primary assembly introduced our new Learner Profile Word. Over the next few weeks we will focus on being better Communicators. The Thinker awards went to Theo and Maurits in 3v and Juliette, Fabian and Marco in 3c. Music awards were also given to Fien (3v) and Sebastian (3c).


Please be reminded that next Wednesday is a half day due to a Professional Development afternoon for teachers. Also, we would greatly appreciate it if you could notify the school if your child will not be returning to SIS in January.


Important dates:
18 November - Teacher professional development afternoon, students dismissed at 12.45
19-20 November - Mr Gordon is away at ECIS teacher’s conference in Barcelona


Kind regards,
Mr Gordon, Mrs Nilsson and Ms Kristy

































WP_20151105_08_50_13_Pro.jpg
WP_20151105_08_50_06_Pro.jpg
WP_20151105_08_49_57_Pro.jpg
WP_20151105_08_49_54_Pro.jpg
WP_20151105_08_49_32_Pro.jpg
WP_20151105_08_49_41_Pro.jpg











No comments:

Post a Comment